Finish Size: 3.25" x 4.75" SPOD Mid Tarot Size (Templates Currently Unavailable, But set up Guidelines are Below)
Customization: Fronts and Backs
Colors: Four Color Printing 4/4
- 12pt: Our standard playing card stock, measures 12pts thick (295gsm), glossy and coated both sides. SPOD recommended as a more affordable option, especially since the cost per deck can increase quickly due to the limitations of only printing 9 cards per sheet. This stock spans the larger size of the card very well and is a SPOD recommended stock for tarot cards. (Made in USA)
- 14pt: Upgraded playing card stock, measures 14pts thick (305gsm), glossy and coated both sides. SPOD recommended as the number 1 choice for tarot cards due to the higher gsm weight and since it is the thickest card stock we can currently offer, helping it span the larger size of these cards the better than all other options. Our customers agree with us for this being the "go to" stock for all tarot card decks. (Made in USA)
- Linen: Premium linen/embossed playing card stock, measures 12pts thick (300gsm), uncoated linen finish both sides. SPOD recommended for a unique tarot card with an embossed/uncoated finish for a "different" but clear display of colors, or especially if you intend to write on your cards. If you are looking for an uncoated/embossed finish this is your only option, and it is the number 1 choice for that purpose. Please note that because this is an uncoated stock these cards more easily show edgewear and whitening. (Made in USA)
- Casino-Grade: Ultra-Premium Black Core playing card stock, measures 11pts thick (310gsm), ultra glossy coated both sides. SPOD NOT recommended for tarot sized cards. Due to the larger size of the cards, this thinner (even though it is heavier) stock does not fare as well as the other options. We have received similar reviews from other customers testing this stock for their tarot cards. SPOD will not replace any tarot card decks made on this stock if you are unhappy with the thickness of the cards as you have been warned up front, however if you do order we will likely throw in a 14pt card stock sample and explain that we would recommend that instead. (Made in USA)
- Casino-Classic TCG: Hyper-Premium Black Core TCG/Playing card stock, measures 12pts thick (330gsm), classic smooth coated finished both sides. The new SPOD standard for all Trading Card Game style Cards, Game Cards, and Playing Cards, at a more affordable rate than any of our other premium stocks. Our latest addition to the SPOD line up comes from far away, and is the same playing card stock used in the well-known trading card game, Magic the Gathering (Yes that is for real!). This is the highest gsm weight stock we have brought in to date, and it has a "superior" snap from its tight grain structure. SPOD Recommended for any and all uses, and we believe this stock holds up well as a top contender for even tarot size cards! We would love to hear your feedback on this one so if you order this for your tarot card products please let us know how you think it competes. (Made in EU)
Pricing Changes in Effect 3/24/21
Please do not be afraid or turned away from the higher pricing you are seeing to your right for 1 deck of cards! Below is an explanation of the pricing changes you are seeing, as well as important info letting you know that this only effects orders with a quantity of 1-9, and how to avoid the increased prices if we have printed your cards for you before!
Please Note: If you are ordering more than 9 decks of cards, this $5 fee is not in effect and the pricing is exactly the same as it was before these changes.
Also Please Note: If we have printed your job before and you are simply reordering something with artwork we have on file (we keep everything on file so don't worry about that) then please select the option noting that we have previously done your cards before, and you will actually be saving a little money compared to previous pricing, since we do not have to set up your cards for printing!
Please do not try to pull a fast one on us and mark that we have printed your order before when that is not the case, as I will begrudgingly send you an invoice for the $5 set up fee if applicable, and I would prefer not to have to do so. Of course mistakes happen, but that is why the default is set to the higher price point, and then it is on the customer to note if we have printed your cards before. If we have printed your cards before then it would be helpful (although not required) to note a previous order number to reference for that artwork.
A quick pro tip is that ordering 10 decks is actually cheaper than order 9 decks due to how we had to price things out, so by all means order 10 and get some savings there!
Custom Playing Card Deck
Mid Tarot Size (3.25" x 4.75")
High-Quality, Professionally-Printed Custom Card Decks!
Whether you are planning to open your own fortune telling business or just looking for a fun way to personalize your deck of cards, Superior POD has the perfect solution. Now you can get one-of-a-kind tarot sized card deck customized with any kind of design or artwork of your choice!
Our customizable custom card decks are made with the exact (but debated) measurements as standard tarot cards (3.25” by 4.75”). We offer high-quality full color print options for the front and back of the cards. You can personalize the cards with pictures or any kind of images you like for your very own custom tarot card deck!
High Quality custom full color, full bleed Tarot Size (3.25" x 4.75") playing card decks from Superior POD. You can put whatever images you like on the deck FACES and/or on the deck BACKS.
SuperiorPOD does not have access to any generic tarot card faces so all artwork must be provided by the customer here.
We have detailed layout information on our template which you can download at the bottom of this page.
If you are ordering tuck boxes for your card decks, shrink wrapping of the tuck boxes is included in the price. If you would like your cards shrink wrapped before inserting in the box you must select that choice when ordering your cards in the box to the right. We currently do not have a box made for this exact size card at 3.25"x4.75" however our standard tarot card boxes will be your best option currently.
File Set Up Process:
1) Download the single card template (when available) from the link below OR just create your own blank card to work from with the following specs:
- Finish Size of Cards: 3.25"x4.75"
- Bleed in addition to that size 0.0625" on each edge of the card making your actual blank document 3.375"x4.875"
- Resolution set to at least 300DPI
- Safe Zone/Border Size of 0.125" from each edge of the card (meaning actually 0.1875" in from the edge plus bleed).
2) Set up your cards fronts and backs individually with whatever design software you would prefer.
3) Save those cards individually.
4) Either create a multipage PDF if you have the ability to do so, or just leave your cards individual and make a zipped folder with your artwork.
4a) If doing individual cards just make sure the fronts and backs are named accordingly for "card face 1", "card face 2", etc. If you have a common back just name that "Back". If you are doing unique backs just make sure they are labeled accordingly for "card back 1", "card back 2", etc. and we will handle the rest.
4b) If you are creating a multipage PDF then simple have the fronts as the first pages of the PDF in order, and then the backs following after the faces in the same order.
5) If you want a specific card on top of your deck then have that card as the final card in the PDF or the last named card for your deck, as that is what is on top of the deck after the cards are cut. We cannot put cards in exact order unless you are ordering in quantities over 9 and we specifically approve doing so via email, otherwise the cards will be in a random order besides that last card being on top. If you are ordering 1-9 decks and the order is important we do have instructions online through the SPOD Support Center as to how to order your cards in the PDF.
*Specific card order is never guaranteed. When requesting to have your card in a specific order please mention that in the notes section of your order so we can do our best to do that for you. Due to the way the cards are produced sometimes random cards can be slightly out of place in the deck, or in a new place entirely if a mis-cut happens and a fix sheet has to be added at the end. If you simply want a title card or something similar on top of your deck please mention that in the order notes as well, otherwise it is possible for the cards to be picked up off our machines in a different order putting that in the middle of the deck. We always do our best to bring your exact visions to life, but due to the reasons mentioned the order of the cards is never guaranteed.
6) After finalizing your individual cards simply upload them to us with the order and we handle all set up placing cards on our template sheets. DO NOT SEND US FULL SHEETS OF CARDS, CARDS ON 8.5x11 SHEETS, OUR OLD TEMPLATE PRESS SHEETS, OTHER COMPANIES PRESS SHEETS, ETC. Only send the individual cards as instructed on how to design.
Please see our file set up guidelines here - SPOD SUPPORT CENTER
You can order Full color Tuck Boxes and B&W or Full Color Rules for your decks as well. TEMPLATE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
This single card template will help you be sure your cards look professional if you follow these guidelines. Click the image to download and use as a guide.
PLEASE SEE THIS LINK FOR CARD FILE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
NEED HELP DESIGNING YOUR PRINT READY PDF's?
Our design team is top notch and our rates are very affordable!
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote request. Please include as much information about your project as you can.
Colors Disclaimer: Please note that what you may be viewing on your computer may look slightly different from what is printed. There are many reasons for this including your screen being back lit, color profiles being different, RGB being often more vibrant than CMYK which is the color profile we print in, etc.
Linen Card Stock Disclaimer: Please note that the linen card stock is an uncoated stock, and with that there is a higher likelihood of edge wear showing more easily and whitening showing more easily on full bleed printed cards. To avoid this in general it is often recommended to have white or light colors on the edges of your cards. It is even possible to receive cards straight from our hands that show white edgewear simply from the cutting of the cards if you are using full bleed dark colors on the edges of you cards.
Full Bleed Printing Disclaimer: Please note, like with the linen stock mentioned above, even with our coated card stocks there is the possibility of whitening showing on the edges of your cards if we are printing full bleed cards. This is exaggerated more with darker colors, and is something that is kept to a minimum, but always something that is possible to occur, especially after extended use. This is a known issue in all of printing, and something playing card enthusiasts mention frequently, as a card with black borders looks very slick, but risks easy wear.